Bulletin announcements are posted each Thursday. Please be sure bulletin announcements are submitted no later than noon on Wednesday for posting for that week.
To receive Bulletin announcements via email, contact: Anjanette Wiley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcements for the week of 1/2/2019
Dedication of the Fisk Opus 147 Pipe Organ Please join us for the dedication of the Fisk Opus 147 Pipe Organ at Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral on January 3, 2019. Vespers begin at 6:30pm followed by a concert with concert guest soloist Nathan Laube. Event is open to the public.
Mass for Life and NC Right to Life The Diocese is partnering with NC Right to Life to continue the tradition of taking a stand for the dignity of every human life, from conception to natural death.The annual Mass for Life will be held at Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral.All the faithful of North Carolina are invited to participate in the NC Rally for Life at 1:00pm and the NC March for Life at 2:00pm on Jan. 12, 2019 at the Halifax Mall in Downtown Raleigh. The keynote speaker will be Dr. George Delgado, a national Catholic Speaker on Pro-Life themes, and is a regular on "Catholic Answers Live". Along with the keynote speaker there will be live music, youth speakers, an invocation from our bishop, local politicians and much more. Download Flyer
Mass honoring Martin Luther King Jr. We invite you to join Bishop Luis Rafael Zarama for Mass to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Monday, January 21, 2019 at 10:00 am at Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral, Raleigh. Event is open to the public. Download Flyer
SEMINARY PILGRIMAGE Each Winter/Spring, The Office of Vocations invites men between the ages of 17 and 35 on a pilgrimage to visit two of our seminaries. This pilgrimage helps young men imagine life in seminary in order to help their discernment process. Potential Candidates should have a Letter of Recommendation from their parish Priest.
The General schedule is:
- Day 1 Friday February 8, 2019: Depart by bus from Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral, travel to Washington, DC and celebrate Mass at noon in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Candidates will visit Theological College at Catholic University, meet our seminarians and have lunch together. This is a good opportunity to see how seminarians live, where they pray, study and enjoy fraternity. We will board the bus in the mid afternoon and enjoy dinner on the road in route to Philadelphia, PA. We will arrive at St. Charles Seminary at 8PM and be greeted by our Raleigh seminarians studying there. Room assignments will be made for potential collegians on the lower side in the college division and for potential theologians on the upper side in the theology division.
- Day 2 Saturday February 9, 2019, Seminarians will host the Raleigh Candidates giving them opportunities to participate in prayer, attend Mass and visit the academic, social and athletic facilities of the seminary. In the afternoon, we will visit the Shrine of St. John Neumann in Philadelphia and return for a big dinner with the candidates and the Raleigh Seminarians. The evening is filled with pick up games of basketball, volleyball, board games and a chance to engage with Raleigh Seminarians in a social setting.
- Day 3 Sunday February 10, 2019, Candidates will have breakfast, morning prayer and Mass before departing for their return to Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral. We will have dinner in route and arrive at approximately 8PM. Each candidate should bring approximately $35 for the meals we will have while traveling on the bus (breakfast, lunch and two dinners), candidates may want to bring a little spending money if they want to pick up anything at the religious stores in DC and Philadelphia. All Candidates must complete the Medical Release Form and Emergency Contact Form. Minors must also submit the Parental Permission Form. Please complete the Required Pilgrimage Forms (found on www.ncpriest.org under the "parent's section") For further information contact: Fr.Philip.Tighe@raldioc.org. NOTE: There are 54 spots available and the deadline for all registration materials is Sunday January 27, 2019.
Ignatian Spiritual Exercises for Men and Women at Avila Retreat Center
The Spiritual Exercises provides an opportunity to quiet your soul from daily distractions and focus on Christ. Mass, Confession and Spiritual Direction will be available with a Legionary of Christ priest. There will be guided meditations with time for private reflection. This is an opportunity to listen and discern God’s voice in your soul. The Men’s retreat will be held December 7-9, 2018 and the Women’s retreat will be held January 18-20, 2019 at Avila Retreat Center in Durham. Cost of the retreat is $225 per person in advance or $250 within two weeks of the retreat. Materials, meals and linens are included. For more information or to register, call (919) 274-9362 or email Raleighregnumchristi@gmail.com.
Hurricane Florence Rescue and Recovery-If you would like to help Catholic Charities assist families impacted by Hurricane Florence across central and eastern North Carolina, there are several ways you can do so at this time:
- Financial Donations: Disasters are rapidly changing events and financial donations allow us to adapt with the situation and best meet the needs of the survivors. Donate online or text RECOVER1 to 51555.
- Volunteer: If you are interested in volunteering, please visit www.CatholicCharitiesRaleigh.org/volunteerflorence to learn about volunteer opportunities across the Diocese of Raleigh.
- In-Kind Donations: If you would like to donate in-kind goods, an online page has been set up where you can purchase items, and they will be shipped in bulk to our offices. This helps streamline coordination of the supplies we anticipate receiving. You can find the list of needed items here. If you are interested in coordinating a donation drive, please contact Gabby Amos at Catholic Charities at Gabby.Amos@raldioc.org.
- Pray: Survivors are going through what may be the most traumatic experience in their lives. Staff and volunteers are working around the clock to provide some relief during this challenging situation. Your prayers for all involved are greatly needed at this time.
Your neighbors need your support! Catholic Charities has many volunteer opportunities available across the Diocese of Raleigh. Please visit www.CatholicCharitiesRaleigh.org/volunteer to find out what you can do to help. No one can recover from a disaster this big alone. But, as a community, we can care for our brothers and sisters in need as Jesus calls us.
Thank you for your consideration and generosity. Catholic Charities appreciates any assistance that you can provide.
New Dates Scheduled! Join NC Catholics Volunteer on the following dates to help as we repair homes damaged by Hurricane Matthew in the Tar River Deanery. Volunteers from all areas and of all experience levels are encouraged to participate! November 10th
If you have any questions, please contact Daniel Altenau at Daniel.Altenau@raldioc.org or at (919) 821 - 9767. Spots are limited so sign up now! www.CatholicCharitiesRaleigh.org/NCCV
Marriage Encounter Sunday, January 13th, 2019 Many husbands and wives seem to be “married” to their career, computer, TV, sports or their children. Re-examine your married lifestyle and priorities by attending a Worldwide Marriage Encounter Weekend It is a positive, simple common sense, private experience between you and your spouse, that revitalizes marriage by helping you to see again those loving qualities in each other that you may be taking for granted. The next Worldwide Marriage Encounter Weekends areMar 1-3, 2019 in Hickory, NC and Feb 1-3, 2019 in COLUMBIA, SC. Early sign up is recommended. For more information visit our website at: https://NCMarriageDiscovery.org or contact us at applications@NCMarriageDiscovery.org or 704-315-2144.
2019 Diocesan One-Day Marriage Preparation Workshop Inviting all engaged couples who are preparing for the Sacrament of Matrimony to attend a One-Day Diocesan Marriage Preparation Workshop. At this workshop you will deepen your relationship with your fiancé as you prepare to begin living out the sacrament of marriage. Topics for the day include: Theology of Marriage, Communication and Conflict Resolution, Finance & Stewardship, Intimacy and Natural Family Planning, and Living a Sacramental Marriage. Remember to talk with your Pastor before signing up. Registration and a list of dates and locations can be found at: https://raldioc.configio.com/go/marriageprep Additional Details: Rebekah.email@example.com, 919-821-9753
Marriage Preparation Ministry
Do you have a desire to serve engaged couples as they prepare to enter the sacrament of marriage? We are seeking out individuals and couples who would be interested in serving engaged couples in the parish and diocese by being a part of the One Day Marriage Preparation Workshop Team. There are several roles that you could be a part of including: hospitality, presenting, facilitating, and more. Please contact Rebekah Tolson, Married Life Coordinator, at 919-821-9753 or Rebekah.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taller Diocesano de Preparación Matrimonial
Invitamos a todas las parejas que estén comprometidas y se encuentren en el proceso de recibir el Sacramento del Matrimonio, a participar en el taller diocesano de Preparación Matrimonial. Este taller consiste de un día: de 9:00 am a 4:00pm. En este día las parejas profundizarán en su vocación al Sacramento de Matrimonio, y obtendrán herramientas que les ayuden, no solo a prepararse para el día de la celebración, sino para algo más importante, su vida como esposos. Los temas que se tratarán en este día serán: “El Matrimonio como Sacramento”; La Economía en el Hogar”, “Comunicación y Resolución de Conflictos”, “Amor y Sexualidad”, “La Planificación Natural de la Familia”, “Jesús, Amigo Verdadero” y “El Perdón-Adoración”. Las fechas y lugares en que se llevarán a cabo estos talleres los podrás encontrar en: https://raldioc.configio.com/go/unidos. Para más información comunícate con Roberto Cortes, Hispanic Married Life Coordinator, al teléfono (919) 821-9735 o envía un correo electrónico a email@example.com.
¿Te Gustaría servirle a Dios junto con tu Pareja?
Si estás sintiendo el llamado de Dios a servir a los demás. Te invitamos a servir en pareja en este ministerio de vida matrimonial. Estamos buscando matrimonios que nos ayuden en la preparación de las parejas que se van a casar. Puedes aportar tus talentos, cualesquiera que estos sean. Tendrás una función de acuerdo a tus capacidades y podrás aprender cómo llevar a cabo más actividades. Solo necesitamos tus “ganas de servir”, contáctanos. Para más información comunícate con Roberto Cortes, Hispanic Married Life Coordinator, al teléfono (919) 821-9735 o envía un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retrouvaille has helped thousands of couples restore their marriage relationship. In the Raleigh Diocese hundreds of couples have benefitted from the program. By running the announcements below about the upcoming Retrouvaille weekend right now and continuing to run one every week you give troubled marriages and their hurting families a chance to heal. We thank you in advance! Dave and Fran Polovick 910-619-8325 Please call with any questions
January 6, 2019 4 Stages of Marriage are: (1) Romance, (2) Disillusionment, (3) Misery, and
(4) Awakening. Many marriages experience the first three stages, but those that end in divorce never make it to the fourth. Don’t give up without learning about this vital part of marriage. Contact Retrouvaille if your marriage suffers from Disillusionment or Misery. For confidential information or to apply to attend the program beginning with a weekend on February 15, 2019 call 800-470-2230 or email: email@example.com or visit the web site at www.retrouvaille.org.
January 13, 2019 Lifeline for Marriage – Retrouvaille helps couples through difficult times in their marriages. It is designed to provide the tools to help get your marriage back on track. It will give you the opportunity to rediscover each other and examine your lives together in a new and positive way. This program has helped thousands of couples experiencing marital disillusionment and misery. For confidential information or to apply to attend the program beginning with a weekend on February 15, 2019 call 800-470-2230 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the web site at www.retrouvaille.org.
January 20, 2019 Thinking about Separation or Divorce? – Is your marriage or that of a relative or friend heading for divorce? Do you feel helpless to do anything about it? Retrouvaille is designed to help troubled marriages regain their health by helping spouses rediscover the love, trust and commitment that originally brought them together. The program is highly successful in saving hurting marriages, even bringing reconciliation to couples who have already separated or divorced. For confidential information or to apply to attend the program beginning with a weekend on February 15, 2019 call 800-470-2230 or email: email@example.com or visit the web site at www.retrouvaille.org.
January 27, 2019 Retrouvaille – Do you feel alone? Are you frustrated or angry with each other? Do you argue … or have you just stopped talking to each other? This program has helped many couples experiencing marital difficulty at all levels, even those in deep misery. For confidential information or to apply to attend the program beginning with a weekend on February 15, 2019 call 800-470-2230 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the web site at www.retrouvaille.org.
February 3, 2019 Stress in Your Marriage? – Retrouvaille is a program for married couples that feel bored, disillusioned, frustrated, or angry in their marriage. Some experience coldness. Others experience conflict in their relationship. Most don’t know how to change the situation. This program has helped many couples experiencing such difficulties. For confidential information or to apply to attend the program beginning with a weekend on February 15, 2019 call 800-470-2230 or email: email@example.com or visit the web site at www.retrouvaille.org.
February 10, 2019 It’s not too late! Retrouvaille helps couples through difficult times in their marriages. It is designed to help get your marriage back on track. It will give you the opportunity to rediscover each other and examine your lives together in a new and positive way. This program has helped thousands of couples experiencing marital disillusionment and misery. For confidential information or to apply to attend the program beginning with a weekend on February 15, 2019 call 800-470-2230 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the web site at www.retrouvaille.org. It is not too late to register!
Single / Single Again If you are a single, separated, divorced or widowed person, you are invited to join us at our monthly Mass held at Cardinal Gibbon HS chapel at 5:30 pm.
A pot-luck social follow Mass.
January-June 2019 Mass schedule: January 13, February 10, March 24, April 28, May 19, June 23
For more information contact Celia at email@example.com or visit www.singlesingleagain.com or on face book-
Courage / Encourage Courage is a prayer and fellowship group that assists individuals with same-sex attractions (or SSA) to live chaste lives in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church. Meetings are for men and women and strict confidentiality is maintained. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call: (919) 289-9489.
ARE YOU SEPARATED OR DIVORCED?
Join us for a Catholic based divorce healing program at Our Lady of Lourdes Church. Whether you have been separated or divorced, ten days or ten years, this program offers comfort, counsel, and clarity. It also offers valuable insight regarding divorce and Catholic Church teachings. Using the CATHOLIC'S DIVORCE SURVIVAL GUIDE, the 12-week program features a 30-minute DVD each week with discussions to follow. It is confidential and an excellent support during a painful time. Cost is $20 per person for the journal. The program will begin Monday, January 7, 2019 at 7 pm in the Fallon Center lounge. Please contact Christine Martin at email@example.com or Melanie Bailie at firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form.