The Youth Ministry certificate is a recognition by the Diocese of Raleigh that the certificate holder has the formation and experience necessary to carry out Youth Ministry in a parish setting. It is our strong hope that all those involved in Youth Ministry throughout the diocese work toward attaining this certificate.
To obtain the Youth Ministry Certification, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Comply with current Safe Environment requirements and have evidence of completion certification in hand.
- Have a Basic Catechist Certification from the Diocese of Raleigh.
- Completion of the Franciscan University Catechetical Institute (FUCI) Youth Ministry Track found on our diocesan FUCI landing page.
- Completion of one full year of experience in Youth Ministry. Please submit letter from parish priest or Parish Catechetical Leader.
- A reflection on the most important insight into Youth Ministry gained through formation and experience (one page minimum).
Participants who have completed the Youth Ministry Certification requirements can apply online. Have an electronic copy (PDF, JPEG image or Word document) of all documentation listed above.