Hours per week: 15; 2:30-5:30pm Monday-Friday
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Ensure the welfare and safety of children and respond accordingly.
- Plan and supervise fun activities such as arts and crafts, or movement skills such as sports, music or dance.
- Serve snacks and be sure the kids clean up after eating.
- Provide support for students to ensure they get their homework done if required.
- Supervise and pay close attention to children within a playground setting.
- Be aware of any behavioral or emotional issues that may need to be addressed.
- Assist program director in logistics regarding closing and organizing for the end of day.
- Sincerely enjoy working with kids from PreK through middle school.
- Integrate values and attitudes that support school wide core values of reverence, service, and leadership
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability and high expectations for student academic achievement, behavioral, and social-emotional development
- Fulfill extra duties as assigned by the program director
- Develop and maintain positive communication and relationships with students and colleagues
- Contribute to a positive Catholic school culture
- Minimum level of Education The ideal candidate will hold an Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Child Development, Elementary Education, or related field
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Area of related work experience Education/Teaching
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks
- Completing Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire
St. Michael Catholic School is seeking an organized, self-motivated, caring Instructional Teacher Assistant. St. Michael provides a Christ-centered Catholic education, with a focus on academic excellence, and the development of the whole person, through our core values of reverence, service, and leadership.
Position Start Date: 08/17/2021