St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Works with Director of Operations to manage within the annual facility budget.
- Works with the Director of Operations on capital project execution as needed.
- Regularly maintains campus wide inventory list and assists with generating annual report for insurance and accounting.
- Maintains building systems and equipment on campus grounds by closely monitoring and completing necessary testing as required as well as maintains accurate records of all maintenance repairs and ensures all actionable preventative maintenance corrections are completed.
- Maintain campus MSDS system, including but not limited to implementation of procedures for handling, storing, safekeeping, and destruction of hazardous materials, cleaning products, and construction materials.
- Regularly inspects parish/school properties for areas of concern; keeps buildings safe by making sure they meet local code requirements. Includes inspection tours with fire department personnel, building inspectors, health, and safety teams.
- Coordination of the Facilities Technician and Custodial staff in day-to-day activities.
- Supervise contractors and vendors as they relate to facilities maintenance, groundskeeping, and project work.
- Works with the Coordinator of Campus Scheduling to ensure campus calendars are being reviewed by Facilities Technician and Custodial Staff.
- Plan work activities and establish work schedules and custodial staffing requirements. Schedule and assign the work of maintenance and grounds. Work with all departments to ensure maintenance of facility projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains a relationship with all contactors and vendors ensuring efficient facility operations.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Minimum of associate degree or trade school certification, commensurate experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: A minimum of five (5) years' experience.
- Area of related work experience: experience in commercial or residential maintenance is required, two (2) years of which should be in maintenance/facilities supervision.
- Understanding of the Catholic faith and commitment to St. Michael the Archangel’s mission of Worship, Education, and Service.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in commercial or residential maintenance is required, two (2) years of which should be in maintenance/facilities supervision.
- Minimum of associate degree or trade school certification. Commensurate experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Previous maintenance or subcontracting experience with knowledge and understanding of technical subjects (including general carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and landscaping).
- Ability to work well with others in a cooperative team-based atmosphere.
- Possess strong organization and communication skills, as well as the ability to prioritize tasks, but have the flexibility to handle unexpected or last-minute requests appropriately.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to read and understand a project schedule.
- Organized, methodical approach to campus facility management.
- Ability to schedule, inform, and direct vendors and subcontractors.
- Comfortable using basic technology such as MS Outlook, MS Teams, MS Office Suite.
- Ability to deal with confidential information with discretion.
- Working knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Monday – Friday; 7:30AM – 4PM with ability to flex hours as needed, including occasional weekends.
- Required to be "on call" 24-7 for critical and/or emergency repairs situations.
- The job is based on campus, extremely limited opportunity to work from home in this role.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Current license in plumbing, HVAC or electrical is a plus.
- Ability to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout the workday.
Position Start Date: Immediately