Located in the Golden Isles along Georgia’s Atlantic coast, St. Francis Xavier Catholic School anchors the south
end of historic downtown Brunswick. A parish school serving approximately 240 students in grades PK3 to
eight with 40 members of the administration, faculty, and staff, St. Francis Xavier Catholic School was
established in 1900 by the Sisters of St. Joseph. A 2009 Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, St. Francis Xavier
Catholic School opened a new 30,000-square-foot school building in fall 2023 where faith and knowledge
continue to flourish.
Under the supervision of the Pastor, the Principal fulfills the mission of the Catholic school serving as the
spiritual, educational, visionary, relational and managerial leader charged with implementing the philosophy,
mission, and management of the school. The principal is responsible for the professionalism of the faculty
and staff, educational achievements of students, and cultivating a mutually positive relationship with the
school and parish communities.
- Hold a Master’s degree and state certification in a field of education with preference in Educational Administration/Supervision and/or Leadership; AND
- Have completed, at minimum, 3-5 years of successful teaching experience; AND
- Earn the *Catholic School Leadership Certificate from Creighton University if credentials do not include evidence of Catholic school experience (see below); AND
- Complete catechetical certification; AND
- Maintain recency-of-credit (six college credits or its equivalent) every five years; AND
- Complete VIRTUS training; AND
- Provide fingerprints and pass level 2 criminal background check.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church; AND
- Exhibit an understanding of Catholic Theology and philosophy of Catholic education; AND
- Exhibit a personal philosophy, values, and lifestyle, which are consistent with the Catholic church; AND
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively with parish administration, diocesan personnel, faculty/staff, parents and parish organizations; AND
- Articulate and implement a vision for the school in areas of spirituality, management, curriculum, advancement, and technology; AND
- Create an atmosphere of welcome and open dialogue; AND
- Provide three (3) reference including one from his/her pastor.