St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School
Wake Forest, NC
Hours Per Week: 15 (Part-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School is currently accepting resumes for a part-time music teacher. The candidate should:
- Accept the mission of the school as articulated at the Diocesan and school level.
- Implement the educational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives of the school.
- Plan, prepare, teach and interact with students in a professional way that challenges students to reach their individual potential while celebrating the ability levels of all students.
- Perform professional responsibilities including but not limited to planning lessons, preparing instructional materials, serving on faculty committees, communicate with parents and administration, and maintaining positive relationships with peers, students, parents and the administration.
- Minimum of a North Carolina Teaching certificate in Music, Fine Arts, similar certification, or background in music, is preferred.
- Practicing Catholics who have previous teaching experience in a Catholic school setting preferred.
- Employment is contingent upon the applicant passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
Position Start Date: 08/01/2023
In collaboration with the parish community, St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School is a family-centered and innovative educational environment where children are loved authentically; challenged and supported academically, creatively, socially, emotionally, and athletically. Our students are encouraged, guided, and formed in the Gospel truths and virtues with the ultimate goal of fostering a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ through His Church.