Infant of Prague Catholic Church
Hours per week: (20-25 hours per week)
Key responsibilities / Day-to-day job functions
- Effectively plans, coordinates, communicates, and executes the Sacred Music within the liturgical celebrations of the parish.
- Collaborates with the Pastor and Liturgical Committee in coordinating all Sacred Music related activities.
- Coordinates the Sacred Music activities and the parish adult choir/s, youth/children's choir, and ensembles, cantors, and musicians, and maintains a high quality of communications with the Pastor and Liturgical Committee.
- Selects music from primarily traditional hymns to occasional contemporary pieces, for all liturgical celebrations for approval by the Pastor.
- Coordinates, and participates in the liturgical celebrations for all weekend Masses and other Masses, as requested (Christmas, Holy Week, Easter, etc.).
- Provides music support and coordination for parish funerals, weddings, bilingual celebrations, sacraments, parish school and other special and holiday events/concerts, as needed.
- Leads weekly choir rehearsals, fostering musical growth and cohesion.
- Plans and maintains all music-related resources, and maintains an accurate library of all parish music related resources and music volunteers and volunteer schedules.
- Actively participates in parish activities.
- Coordinates the basic maintenance and repair on church instruments, as needed.
- Maintains the musical licenses and licensing portal for live-stream services.
- Performs other duties associated with the general responsibilities of this position and/or ass assigned by supervisor or Pastor.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises parish liturgical musicians.
- Participates in diocesan training, workshops and special events.
- Ability to work collaboratively as an effective parish staff team member.
- Active member, in good standing, of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Leadership abilities to direct choirs and develop musical programs.
- Employment is contingent upon applicants satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 30 days of hire.
- Bachelor's degree in Music or related.
- Minimum of 3 years experience within Catholic liturgy and musical directing/planning in a pastoral setting.
- Proficient understanding of the GIRM and the rubrics of the Roman Missal.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Possesses advanced singing, instrumental and congressional leadership skills.
- Proficient in computer technology with a working knowledge of Microsoft Works, Excel or Outlook.