The Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh has an immediate need for an Administrative Assistant to support the Office of Vocations.
The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Office of Vocations with a high degree of professionalism in a fast-paced environment that involves interaction with a wide range of individuals.
- Provides administrative support including drafting letters of correspondence, responding to phone calls, processing mail, planning of annual events and creating and maintaining comprehensive files on seminarians and previous applicants.
- Works closely with the seminarians and applicants on various issues including insurance, check request, travel arrangements and correspondence between the seminary and the diocese.
- Coordinates annual events for the Office of Vocations including liturgical celebrations, retreats and discernment gatherings.
- Assists the Office of the Bishop with large volume mailings, correspondence, event planning and day to day operations when necessary.
- High School diploma required. BA/BS degree preferred.
- Three years of administrative/office experience in a fast-paced, professional setting
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, both reading and writing
- Polished and professional with excellent customer service skills and ability to interact effectively with the public
- Exceptional writing skills including the ability to draft letters and memos in a clear, concise and succinct manner utilizing the rules of composition and grammar of the English language;
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage a large volume of information with an affinity for attention to detail;
- Superior ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines according to timeframes established; and
- Ability to exercise sound and appropriate professional judgment, ensure confidentiality of all information and exercise flexibility.
- Highly proficient in knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database and mass mail publication software.
About the Diocese:
The Diocese includes 54 counties of eastern North Carolina, covering just over 32,000 square miles. The Diocese is divided into eight deaneries with a total of 95 parishes, missions and stations and seven centers for campus ministry.
In addition to a competitive salary, the Catholic Diocese of Raleigh provides a comprehensive benefits plan, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurances and a generous 403(b) plan.