Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School is hiring a Spanish teacher for the 24-25 school year. We welcome applicants committed to transforming young people's lives through high-quality, holistic education. The successful applicants will be a caring, justice-oriented, innovative, and collaborative Spanish teacher willing to ensure all students realize their potential for greatness.
- Teach five sections of Spanish I and Spanish II.
- Develop rigorous lessons in the subject area through a culturally relevant lens for predominantly first-generation, college-bound students.
- Incorporate Ignatian pedagogy to design more effective classroom experiences.
- Utilize data-driven instruction and analysis of student assessment data.
- Help each young man and woman develop as students, people of faith, and citizens committed to service.
- Participate in collaborative, teacher-led teams to design instructional practices and grade-level interventions that support all students' socio-emotional growth and college readiness.
- Bring a growth mindset to bi-weekly coaching sessions.
- A bachelor's degree in education, Spanish, or a related field.
- A strong work ethic and dedication to the Cristo Rey mission and Jesuit identity.
- Competency in designing and implementing curricula to serve a heterogeneous student population diverse in culture, religion, and ability.
- Ability to connect with culturally and linguistically diverse students and their families.
- Knowledge of best practices in secondary education.
- Ability to build strong relationships, collaborate, and cultivate a loving, joyful school culture.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a growth mindset and seek opportunities for feedback.