Situated on Savannah’s beautiful Victory Drive, Blessed Sacrament Catholic School is a parish school serving
approximately 450 students in grades PK4 to eight supported by 50 members of the administration, faculty
and staff. Founded in 1939 with help from the Sisters of Mercy, Blessed Sacrament Catholic School remains
rooted in faith and committed to academic excellence. The community of Blessed Sacrament Catholic School
prepares and empowers children to lead, love, and serve God, the Church, and the world.
Under the supervision of the Pastor, the Principal fulfills the mission of the Catholic school serving as the
spiritual, educational, visionary, relational and managerial leader charged with implementing the philosophy,
mission, and management of the school. The principal is responsible for the professionalism of the faculty
and staff, educational achievements of students, and cultivating a mutually positive relationship with the
school and parish communities.
- Hold a Master’s degree and state certification in a field of education with preference in Educational Administration/Supervision and/or Leadership; AND
- Have completed, at minimum, 3-5 years of successful teaching experience; AND
- Earn the *Catholic School Leadership Certificate from Creighton University if credentials do not include evidence of Catholic school experience (see below); AND
- Complete catechetical certification; AND
- Maintain recency-of-credit (six college credits or its equivalent) every five years; AND
- Complete VIRTUS training; AND
- Provide fingerprints and pass level 2 criminal background check.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church; AND
- Exhibit an understanding of Catholic Theology and philosophy of Catholic education; AND
- Exhibit a personal philosophy, values, and lifestyle, which are consistent with the Catholic church; AND
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively with parish administration, diocesan personnel, faculty/staff, parents and parish organizations; AND
- Articulate and implement a vision for the school in areas of spirituality, management, curriculum, advancement, and technology; AND
- Create an atmosphere of welcome and open dialogue; AND
- Provide three (3) reference including one from his/her pastor.