What is NCYC?
NCYC (the National Catholic Youth Conference) describes itself in this way:
In a distinctly Catholic setting, the National Catholic Youth Conference invites participants to encounter Christ, experience church, and be empowered for discipleship.
It is the largest Catholic youth conference in the entire United States attracting around 25,000 participants every other year.
Who is invited to NCYC?
NCYC is for our Catholic teenagers, especially high-school aged youth. If you are already a leader in youth ministry in your parish or school, or would like to be more involved, this is the perfect event to form you and energize you to win over your friends for Christ!
Adult chaperones are needed and invited to attend as well, especially those wonderful adults who give of themselves so freely to the needs of our youth in our parish ministries.
When and Where is NCYC held?
NCYC 2019 will take place from November 21-23 at the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN.
How can I get to NCYC 2019?
There are two ways the diocese is providing for getting to NCYC 2019: by bus or by plane. A bus will leave from the Catholic Center on Nov. 20, 2019 carrying those participants and churches that choose this option. There are also flight options leaving from Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) as well as from Wilmington International Airport (ILM). Check with your parish leader as to which option your parish has chosen.
How can I register for NCYC?
All registration is done through our parishes. Talk with your parish trip leader for more details. Your parish leader will collect all your registration forms and fees and send them off to the diocese to be processed. DO NOT send individual applications to the Catholic Center. If your parish is not attending and you would like to attend, please contact Mr. Patrick Ginty (Patrick.email@example.com) for options in your area.
How can a parish register their group for NCYC?
Note: Only the diocesan office can register your group for NCYC. The details for group registration are the following:
- If you decide to take a group and have not yet notified the diocesan offices, please do so as soon as possible.
- You must first decide as a group whether you will take the flight or bus option for transportation.
- Each of your participants must fill out the required forms that can be found here.
- The forms must be forwarded with your group registration online.
- Group registration will be available on the diocesan website no later than May 1, 2019.
- You must ensure that you have at least a 5 to 1 youth to adult chaperone ratio.
- You must hand in all required forms and a 50% deposit to the diocese by June 1, 2019.
- The remaining 50% balance must be handed in to the diocese no later than Aug. 30, 2019.
How much will it cost to attend NCYC?
There are two price levels that are based on transportation:
The air option will have a total cost of $850.00 per person.
The bus option has a total cost of $700.00 per person.
Based on these numbers, the deposit due on June 1, 2019 is:
$425 per person if you take the air option.
$350 per person if you take the bus option.
There will be no fundraising done on a diocesan level. All fundraising opportunities will be carried out on a parish level.
What does the registration cost include?
The cost of registration includes:
- Conference registration fees
- Dinner each evening
- Group shirts (2)
- Group hat
It does not include:
- The purchasing of any gifts or souvenirs
- Lunches while travelling and during the conference
- Transportation to the airport or Catholic Center
You will need pocket money to purchase certain
Where will we stay during the conference?
NCYC will assign a hotel to us where we will all stay as a group based on the size of our group, our transportation needs, price and availability. The exact hotel has not yet been determined.
Where can I get more information?
For more information please contact your parish group leader. You can also visit the NCYC webpage: www.ncyc.info. Or you can email Patrick Ginty at the Diocese of Raleigh Catholic Center: Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org.