Superintendent of Catholic Schools (Diocese of Richmond)
Thursday, January 3, 2019
Hours per week 40+
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- The Catholic Diocese of Richmond, VA seeks a highly qualified, innovative and strategic leader for the position of Superintendent, Office of Catholic Schools. The Superintendent will oversee the vision and planning for 30 Catholic Schools serving over 9,000 students, located throughout the state of Virginia. All schools are accredited by the AdvancEd with 14 Blue Ribbon schools of Excellence designations.
- The Superintendent serves as the chief school administrator providing day-to-day advice and consultation to pastors, presidents, principals and local school boards. This position serves as the liaison with the State Department of Education, the Virginia Council for Private Education and supervises the accreditation process, ensuring adherence to standards, policies, job performance and school objectives.
- Minimum level of Education The successful candidate must possess a minimum of seven to ten years' administrative experience, preferably in Catholic schools, and a Master's degree in Education or a related field. A Ph.D or Ed.D in Education is preferred.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience 7 – 10 years administrative experience
- Area of related work experience Catholic Schools, Education
- The ideal candidate should have expertise in curriculum design (secular and religious), be able to understand and coach in effective teaching strategies and should understand state and federal law as it applies to Catholic schools. In addition, the successful candidate will be student centered, welcoming of parents, approachable and visible in the school and parish community. This candidate will demonstrate a high level of communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills. The successful candidate must possess a minimum of seven to ten years' administrative experience, preferably in Catholic schools, and a Master's degree in Education or a related field. A Ph.D or Ed.D in Education is preferred. A practicing Catholic in good standing is required, as well as, an understanding of the Catholic Church at parish, diocesan and national levels.
Position Start Date: May or June 2019
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter, current curriculum vitae or resume; salary history and completed diocesan application to Sara Board, HR Coordinator, 7800 Carousel Lane, Richmond, VA 23294. Email email@example.com. Fax 804-622-5163. All applications will be considered confidential.