The Safe Environment Coordinator will assist the Director of the Office of Child and Youth Protection by assuming the day to day operations of the safe environment education initiative in the Catholic Diocese of Raleigh.
- Coordinate parish-based trainings and post trainings to the diocesan website
- Maintain records of safe environment teams and active safe environment trainers in the diocese
- Assist the Director with curriculum revisions and content delivery to parishes
- Review parish records to ensure background checks and trainings are compliant with diocesan policies.
- Assist with the criminal background check system and serve as primary contact for system inquiries from parishes and schools
- Facilitate the Safe Environment Annual Report process
- Gather data for the annual Charter Compliance Audit by the USCCB
- Become a second trusted contact person regarding child and youth protection initiatives
- BA/BS in Social Work, Education, Psychology or a related field
- Three years previous work experience in crisis management, counseling, communications or closely related discipline
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality
- Outstanding empathetic and listening skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct effective training sessions to small and large groups
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Proficiency managing databases and multiple tasks
- Ability to travel 20% - 30% across eastern North Carolina (primarily day trips)
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
About the Diocese of Raleigh:
The diocese includes 54 counties of eastern North Carolina, covering just over 32,000 square miles. The diocese is divided into eight deaneries with a total of 95 parishes, missions and stations and seven centers for campus ministry.
In addition to a competitive salary, the Catholic Diocese of Raleigh provides a comprehensive benefits plan, including medical, dental and vision insurances, group life and long-term disability insurances and a generous 403(b) plan.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications accepted until December 17, 2018 –Interviews will begin as soon as possible. Position begins in January 2019.