Hours per week: 35
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Hiring and training of all Aftercare Staff and ensuring education of and compliance with all School and Diocesan policies
- Supervision, scheduling and staff compliance issues for all Aftercare Staff.
- Facilitating regular staff meetings to both support the staff and ensure training standards.
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison with school and parish officials.
- Keeping informed of any activity that might impact the Aftercare program.
- Closely monitor human and physical resources for safety issues.
- Responsible for oversight and initiation of program curriculum and the implementation of such programming to include homework assistance and enrichment activities.
- Attend necessary school staff meetings.
- Program Compliance and Financial Management.
- Prepare and maintain an annual program budget for review by the school administration.
- Monitor and adjust program guidelines to support both the school’s mission and financial goals – this will include an annual review of rates and conditions as well as any update to program handbooks.
- Work closely with school business manager on employee hiring, payroll, collection efforts and compliance.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of the organization, including those related to health and safety, client confidentiality and quality management.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the school administration.
- At least one year of supervisory experience with the ability to develop, engage and inspire a team.
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Ability to build relationships with families and staff and create a dynamic environment where play and discovery go hand-in-hand.
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively.
- Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Successful completion of background check
- Completion of Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
Supervises: Aftercare counselors
- Successful experience in program administration
- Associate’s degree or higher in related field
Position Start Date: Immediately
Parish or School Background Information:
Saint Thomas More Catholic School has 395 students, grades PreK-3/4 yr. old through 8th grade with class sizes of approximately 25 students. We value the input and involvement of our school families and partner with them to carry out our mission. As a mission of The Catholic Community of St. Thomas More, we provide an exceptional education for each learner in a God-centered environment, through a community focused on spiritual development, academic pursuits, and service to others.