Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that engage students and are differentiated based on student need.
- Plan for both formative and summative assessments.
- Use assessment data to drive instructional planning.
- Create faith-based, positive educational climate for students.
- Utilize effective classroom management strategies to ensure student learning.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing collaboration and planning with colleagues.
- Maintain online grade book weekly.
- Perform non-instructional duties as needed.
- Utilize various curriculum resources, including technology.
- Integrate all required components into unit and lesson plans.
- Work with administration to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Provide schedule of availability to students who need extra assistance.
- Successful experience in elementary education.
- NC Professional Licensure in elementary education K-5, or ability to obtain in NC.
- Satisfactory completion of criminal and background checks.
- Completion of Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Previous experience with integrating technology in a 1:1 device program.
Position Start Date: 08/15/22
Posting Expiry Date: 06/03/22
Saint Thomas More Catholic School has 325 students, grades PK-8, with class sizes of approximately 25 students. We value the input and involvement of our school families and partner with them to carry out our mission.
As a mission of The Catholic Community of St. Thomas More, we provide an exceptional education for each learner in a God-centered environment, through a community focused on spiritual development, academic pursuits, and service to others.