St. Thomas More Catholic Church
Chapel Hill, NC
Hours Per Week: 30 (Part-time, benefit eligible)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- facilitate the engagement of parishioners in the life of the parish community, especially in the areas of discipleship and stewardship;
- work with the priests and staff to facilitate an effective lay organization; and
- developing volunteers, creating means of effectively utilizing a large number of lay volunteers, design and implementation of community events, and coordinating the annual increased offertory appeal.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: College Degree.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience 3 - 5 years.
- Area of related work experience: ministry, volunteer development.
- Spanish-speaking a plus.
Position Start Date: Immediately