Hours per week: 8
Founded in 1979, St. Raphael Preschool offers a high quality, faith based education to approximately 150 children ages 2-5. We are seeking a nurturing, energetic, and patient teacher for our Tuesday/Thursday 3 year old class. Work hours are 8:30am-12:30pm. For more information about our program, visit www.straphaelpreschool.org.
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Plan developmentally appropriate lessons to engage children in socialization and play-based learning that follow the Diocese of Raleigh Preschool Standards
- Document student progress to differentiate instruction based on student needs
- Establish positive relationships with families through on-going communication between school and home
- Develop effective and respectful working relationships with all colleagues, especially the classroom assistant teacher
- Participate in all required staff meetings and professional development
- Lead teachers must have either a bachelor’s degree in early childhood or elementary education, or 2+ years of experience working with young children and have or be in the process of attaining an Early Childhood Credential.
- Employment is contingent on passing a criminal background check and reference check.
- All employees must complete Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field and/or a North Carolina teaching license (early childhood or elementary)
- Previous experience in early childhood education is preferred, but elementary experience is acceptable
- Strong communication skills
- Outgoing personality who enjoys interacting with children
Position Start Date: 08/25/2021