St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic Parish
Hours Per Week: 37.5 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Supervising business office staff responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll;
- Managing general daily business operation needs including but not limited to working closely with the pastor, parish administrator, school principal, preschool director and finance council to implement parish and diocesan policy as it pertains to daily business operation and assisting with preparation of the annual budget for parish, school, and preschool;
- Performing monthly accounting and controllership functions including but not limited to reconciling cash accounts and balancing general ledgers, overseeing the monthly bookkeeping and reviewing general ledger postings, preparing financial reports, overseeing processing of annual tax statements to donors, filing required state and federal tax forms;
- Managing payroll process including ensuring accuracy of employee pay and withholding; preparing general ledger entry for payroll expenses and reviewing quarterly 941 tax statements for accuracy;
- Maintaining professional relationships with our banking partners, merchant services operations and the business services and financial offices of the Diocese of Raleigh; and
- Overseeing processing of new member registrations and church management software.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s level Degree.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: 3-5 years.
- Area of related work experience: Business Office Management and Accounting.
Supervises: 3 Business Office Assistants and Parish Database/membership Coordinator.
Position Start Date: Immediate opening