Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Description: St. Peter Catholic School is seeking a full time Assistant principal for the 2024-2025 school year. The qualified applicant must be a practicing Catholic possessing or pursuing a Master’s Degree (or higher) in areas related to Educational Administration. The candidate must have, or be eligible for, an administrator’s license from the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. Candidates possessing school administrative experience and teaching experience are preferred.
The successful candidate will be a team player who works well as part of St. Peter’s administrative team; will possess strong leadership skills that foster collaboration with parents, students, faculty, and parish staff; and will demonstrate group communication expertise.
Additionally, the candidate will demonstrate the ability to mentor and guide both experienced and new teachers in their professional development, as well as in their curriculum implementation in the classroom. Ideal candidates will be comfortable in a highly collaborative, professionally challenging environment. They will be experts in progressive, research based practices with experience in continual improvement models. The candidate will be technologically proficient in school administrative software and web based communication tools. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 403B, paid vacation and holidays. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
- Administrative supervision of teacher licensure.
- Supervision and support of students.
- Supervision, evaluation and support of faculty and staff.
- Collaboration with the Principal, Pastor, Leadership Team, faculty and staff, parish staff, and school families.
- Mentor and Guide both experienced and new teachers in their professional development and classroom curriculum implementation.
- Masters Degree (or currently enrolled in a Master’s Degree program) in area of Educational Administration and Supervision.
- Classroom teaching experience of at least 3-5 years is required.
- Administrative experience in a K-8 school is preferred.
- Candidate must successfully complete necessary criminal background and reference checks.
- Candidate must complete Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.