Hours Per Week: 40 (regular full-time)
St. Michael Catholic School is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable, and engaging elementary teacher.
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Integrate values and attitudes that guide students in evaluating and applying content in the light of Gospel teachings.
- Effectively implement a grade-level appropriate curriculum and demonstrate mastery of subject-area content.
- Explore standards and objectives from the Diocese of Raleigh curricula through cross-curricular connections, and design rigorous instructional plans that include higher order thinking skills and acquisition of deeper content knowledge.
- Incorporate the seamless integration of technology and naturally infuse 21st Century skills in lessons that support the school’s instructional program and goals.
- Develop and implement hands-on, interdisciplinary learning experiences using research-based instruction - including effective small group instruction - and design rigorous assessments to assess multiple levels of content and skills.
- Teach religion classes and implement our Catholic faith, values, and traditions.
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement and high expectations for student learning.
- Cultivate ongoing professional communication and positive relationships with parents, students, and colleagues.
- Contribute to a positive Catholic school culture driven by continuous professional and spiritual growth, the striving for academic excellence, and a commitment to collegial collaboration.
- Minimum level of Education Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Education.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience 3 or more years of teaching experience preferred.
- Area of related work experience: Education/Teaching.
- Practicing Catholic in Good Standing.
- Candidate must satisfactorily complete criminal background and reference checks.
- Candidate must complete Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Hold a current K - 6 North Carolina Teaching License, or an equivalent out-of-state license.
Position Start Date: Approximately March 13, 2023
Posting Expiry Date: 12/16/22 or until the position is filled with the ideal candidate.
St. Michael provides a Christ-centered Catholic education, with a focus on academic excellence, and the development of the whole person, through our core values of reverence, service, and leadership.