Hours Per Week: 8-16 (Part-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
St. Michael Preschool is seeking an enthusiastic and creative individual who is passionate about early childhood education. The lead teacher will provide a safe, nurturing, faith-filled environment for children in our half-day preschool program while maintaining the overall supervision of students and daily class functions.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Engage children in socialization and play-based learning that is developmentally age-appropriate and follows the Diocese of Raleigh Preschool Standards.
- Work effectively with an Assistant Teacher and participate in ongoing collaboration and planning with the preschool director and colleagues.
- Document ongoing assessment of each child's developmental progress to differentiate instruction based on student needs.
- Establish positive and effective family relations through ongoing parent communication.
- Attend all required staff meetings, workshops, and school functions.
- Complete 10 hours of continuing education per year.
- Early Childhood teachers must have either a bachelor’s degree in early childhood or elementary education or two years of experience working with young children and have or be in the process of attaining an early childhood credential.
- Employment is contingent upon the applicant satisfactorily passing a criminal background check and reference check.
- Completing Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Years of related work experience – two or more years, but all interested candidates should apply.
- Area of related work experience - Previous experience in a play-based early childhood center.
- Exhibits a great love and patience for children.
- Effective written and spoken communication.
Position Start Date: August 17, 2023
Posting Expiry Date: August 15, 2023
St. Michael Preschool is an important mission of St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church. We provide a safe and loving environment where the development of the whole child and the joy of learning is nurtured through socialization and play as we grow in our love of Jesus and discover how God is a part of our everyday lives. We offer half-day programs for children ages 2-5 with extended day options available. We serve 151 children with 10-18 children in each class depending on the age group.