St. Michael Catholic School
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Serve as a member of the Principal’s Leadership Team and serves to promote and communicate the mission of St. Michael School.
- Implement and maintain the proper branding of the school and the integrity of school logos and other branded entities in cooperation with the parish branding plan and the Marketing and Digital Evangelization Manager.
- Collaborate with the parish’s Marketing and Digital Evangelization Manager to ensure school and parish communication unity.
- Craft, develop, and lead marketing plan to drive enrollment and respond to trends and needs communicated by the Director of Admissions.
- Create and maintain content and design of the school website, in addition to launching new content that meets the needs of diverse stakeholders based on data analytics.
- Manages and oversees school social media channels daily; creates and/or distributes all content; and uses data from online analytics to make informed marketing decisions.
- Create strategic promotional materials and marketing materials to promote the school’s mission in coordination with the Director of Admissions and other Parish staff, including driving admissions opportunities to prospective families in the broader community.
- Plan, develop, and drive strategic projects aligned with a marketing plan, including but not limited to communications such as publications and/or videos relating to the school’s “Year in Review” and Admissions initiatives that recruit new families and strategically fill open seats.
- Serve as the initial media and marketing contact for the school, including media requests to the Director of Communications for the Diocese of Raleigh as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Diocese of Raleigh Director of Marketing and Enrollment and other Diocesan school’s Communications and Marketing staff members.
- Responsible for the photography and video recording for school events and after-school events, including editing, consolidating, and posting pictures and videos to school publications.
- Writes and edits weekly Principal’s Letters, PTO communications, and other school-wide communications as directed, including content for weekly Tuesday Folders.
- Collaborate with church Marketing and Digital Evangelization Manager to create new content for weekly church bulletin “School Happenings,” and collaborate with church and preschool on shared communications to cross-promote faith formation opportunities.
- Supervise the creation, editing, and content of the St. Michael School Yearbook.
- Create, update, and oversee all content for the St. Michael School website, including updating and maintaining the RenWeb master calendar and parent resources posted to the Parent Portal
- Support and create communications related to the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO), in coordination with administration.
- Oversee success and communication with lead volunteers for all PTO Board-sponsored events, including but not limited to the following: two annual major fundraisers, Movie Night, Trunk or Treat, Spirit Nights, Quarterly Lunches, St. Nick Shop, and Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Responsibility to effectively communicate school events such as the following, in collaboration with Marketing and Digital Evangelization Manager: New Parent Social, Back-to-School Night, Grandparents’ Day, Open House Nights, Catholic Schools Week, Prayer with the Principal, and Grade 8 Graduation events, as well as the design of campus yard signs.
- Work with Director of Development and other Parish personnel for the implementation of parish-wide plans.
- Serve as Alumni Manager, plans and manages all alumni events during evening or weekend hours, maintains database, encourages alumni involvement and service opportunities to strengthen relationships with all stakeholders.
- Serves as the school liaison with Educational Products Inc. (EPI) - a school supply vendor - and communicates the process accordingly to school families.
Other Duties and responsibilities:
- Engage in training and develop proficiency in parish software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: bachelor’s degree in marketing, digital media, journalism, or a related field.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: one to two years.
- Area of related work experience: experience with marketing activities in schools or other educational facilities is a plus.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, digital media, journalism, or a related field.
- One to two years related experience required; experience with marketing activities in schools or other educational facilities is a plus.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of the Catholic faith to be able to effectively communicate the teachings of it.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely, using correct grammar, vocabulary, and appropriate tone for the message or audience; speaks in a clear, articulate manner; maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility; adopts a personal leadership style or approach to influence others.
- Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office experience required; portfolio of work available upon request.
- Knowledge of WordPress environment and/or similar webpage framework and design required.
- Ideal candidate is a natural communicator, articulate both in person and on paper.
- Meticulous about details and overseeing projects through from concept to completion.
- Ability to relate effectively and compassionately, as well as interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic, and outgoing manner with families in our community.
- Strong project management skills: ability to work efficiently and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to generate and implement creative ideas.
- Proficiency with all forms of social media, including video.
- A practicing Catholic preferred with thorough knowledge of the Catholic faith and ability to communicate it to wider audience in both words and actions.
- Photography and videography experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Educational experience.
Position Start Date: As soon as possible