St. Michael Catholic Church
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Pastoral Planning and Strategy: Collaborates with the Pastor and Pastoral Council on creating and implementing strategic, parish-wide initiatives (e.g., parish participation in the national Eucharistic Revival).
- Pastoral Care and Social Action Ministries: Works with all pastoral care and social action ministries to provide guidance and resources to ensure alignment with parish pastoral priorities and all relevant parish/diocesan guidelines.
- Pastoral Care Desk: Oversees the operation of the Pastoral Care Desk staff and volunteers to ensure a prompt and compassionate response to the sick, homebound, bereaved, and suffering.
- Pastoral Counseling: Depending on qualifications and experience, may be called upon to provide pastoral counseling and/or spiritual direction to those in crisis situations (walk-ins and by appointment) and connect them to other resources as appropriate.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clergy Assist: Provide clergy support as needed.
- Other Duties: As Assigned by the Pastor.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: 5 years
- Area of related work experience: Master’s in Divinity, Pastoral Ministry, Theology, or comparable experience in the field.
- Must be practicing, fully initiated Catholic, committed to the Church’s teaching and to living a life of intentional discipleship.
- Master’s in Divinity, Pastoral Ministry, Theology, or comparable experience in the field.
- Strong abilities in project management, pastoral planning, and ability to collaborate on team projects.
- Experience in supervising staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn REALM or other basic, membership software.
- Self-leadership and direction, ability to work independently to set and meet goals.
- Bilingual ability (Spanish/English) preferred.
Supervises: Pastoral Care Administrative Assistant.
Position Start Date: Immediately.