St. Michael the Archangel Church
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Developing and implementing the parish-wide communication strategy with an evangelizing mindset.
- Keep apprised of Catholic news and share relevant information with the wider parish.
- Writing clearly and concisely, using correct grammar, vocabulary, and appropriate tone for the message or audience; speaks in a clear, articulate manner; maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility; adopts a personal leadership style or approach to influence others.
- Understanding and promoting all program and membership offerings and registration methods.
- Leads efforts to gather stories of impact to share with parishioners across multiple mediums.
- Developing and executing communications plans for parish events and initiatives.
- Create videos for publicity, summary, and recap.
- Managing and maintaining the parish website; coordinating events calendar with scheduling coordinator.
- Enhance SEO for website landing pages.
- Maintain and update printed marketing and communications materials & member communication templates.
- Analyze digital metrics to determine success of communication efforts.
- Creating, planning, and scheduling dynamic social media campaigns in collaboration with the pastor, parish staff, and where appropriate, ministry leaders.
- Execute end-end email campaigns using MailChimp or similar.
- Engage with current and prospective parishioners on social media.
- Manage all digital marketing efforts including photography and video production for use in print and digital marketing materials including special events, program activities, headshots, etc.
- Designing flyers, signage, and other print materials.
- Coordinate, format, and edit weekly bulletin.
- Responsible for parish branding and style guide adherence.
- Staff point of contact for the parish communications ministry.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, digital media, or journalism field.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: 2 years
- Area of related work experience: marketing, digital media, or journalism field
- One to two years related experience required; experience with marketing activities and events is a plus.
- A practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge of the Catholic faith and ability to communicate it in both word and action.
- Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office experience required, portfolio of work available upon request.
- Knowledge of WordPress environment or similar webpage framework required.
- Ideal candidate is a natural communicator, articulate both in person and on paper.
- Meticulous about details and overseeing projects through from concept to completion.
- Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively with other parish staff, clergy, and ministry leaders.
- Ability to work cooperatively with peers from the Diocese of Raleigh and other parishes within the Diocese to cross promote events.
- Ability to relate effectively and compassionately, as well as interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic, and outgoing manner with our parishioners and those in our community.
- Strong project management skills: ability to work efficiently and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to generate and implement creative ideas.
- Proficiency with all forms of social media, including video and their use in evangelization.
- Photography and videography experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Familiar with CRM.
- Familiar with live-streaming set-ups.
- Familiar with basic audio visual for meeting rooms and digital display outputs.
Position Start Date: 11/28/22