St. Michael the Archangel Church
Hours per week: 20 hrs./Part time
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Coordinating the parish-wide communication strategy.
- Managing and maintaining the parish website.
- Creating digital media that reflects the mission and events of the parish.
- Overseeing the design and production of the weekly bulletin and email newsletter.
- Engaging with current and prospective parishioners on social media.
- Developing and executing communications plans for parish events and initiatives.
- Designing flyers, signage, and other print materials.
- Staff point of contact for the parish communications ministry.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in media or related communications field.
- Minimum amount of related work experience: 1 year.
- Advanced knowledge of communication and computer systems, including Adobe InDesign or Photoshop.
- Basic web and graphic design skills; portfolio of work product able to be provided upon request.
- Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively with other parish staff and priests.
- A practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge of the Catholic faith and ability to communicate it in both word and action.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress.
- Preferred skills: social media, photography, and videography experience; bilingual.
Position Start Date: As soon as possible