St. Michael the Archangel Catholic School
Hours Per Week: 32 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Integrate values and attitudes that guide students in their acquisition of the Spanish language and a well-developed understanding of Hispanic cultures in the light of Gospel teachings.
- Effectively implement a grade-level appropriate foreign language curriculum, while purposefully enhancing critical thinking skills by connecting the Spanish language with other standards and objectives from the Diocese of Raleigh curricula.
- Demonstrate mastery of subject-area content, create cross-curricular connections, and design rigorous instructional plans that include higher order thinking skills and acquisition of deeper content knowledge in collaboration with the middle school team.
- Incorporate the seamless integration of technology and naturally infuse 21st Century skills in lessons that support the school’s instructional program and goals.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with blended learning strategies and be comfortable working in a 1:1 technology environment.
- Develop and implement hands-on learning experiences using research-based instruction and rigorous assessments to assess multiple levels of content and skills.
- Support Spanish-speaking students and families achieve success at our parish school.
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement and high expectations for student learning.
- Cultivate ongoing communication and positive relationships with parents, students, and colleagues.
- Contribute to a positive Catholic school culture driven by continuous professional growth, improvement, and collegial collaboration.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Education - ideally with a concentration in Spanish or fluency in the Spanish language.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: 3 or more years
- Area of related work experience: Education / Teaching
- Hold a current North Carolina Teaching License in K-12 Art, an equivalent out-of-state license.
- Hold a certification in English as a Second Language.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of the Catholic faith to be able to effectively communicate the teachings of it, as required with this position.
Position Start Date: 08/09/2023