St. Michael the Archangel Catholic School
Hours Per Week: 32 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Integrate values and attitudes that guide students through engaging art projects in light of Gospel teachings and Catholic traditions in the context of music history.
- Utilize various musical styles and genres in designing creative, rigorous music experiences to offer exposure to a diverse range of songs, instruments, and techniques, including vocal and instrumental music.
- Effectively implement the grade-specific Diocese of Raleigh Music curriculum, while purposefully enhancing critical thinking skills by connecting the Music curriculum with other standards and objectives from the Diocese of Raleigh curricula.
- Demonstrate mastery of the content, create cross-curricular connections, and design rigorous instructional plans that include higher order thinking skills as well as the acquisition and application of deeper content knowledge.
- Incorporate the seamless integration of technology and naturally infuse 21st Century skills in music lessons that support the school’s instructional program and goals, which includes a 1:1 technology initiative for Grades 3-8.
- Develop and implement hands-on, student-centered learning experiences using research-based music instruction and rigorous assessments to assess multiple levels of content and skills.
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement, including high expectations for student learning and discovery.
- Cultivate ongoing communication and positive relationships with parents, students, and colleagues across subject areas and grades.
- Contribute to a positive Catholic school culture driven by continuous professional growth, improvement, and collegial collaboration to continually improve the students’ music experience.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: 3 or more years
- Area of related work experience: Education / Music / Elementary or Middle School
- Hold a current North Carolina Teaching License in K-12 Music, an equivalent out-of-state license, and/or the pathway to obtain NC licensure.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of the Catholic faith to be able to effectively communicate the teachings of it, as required with this position.
Position Start Date: 08/09/2023