Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Cover Physical Science, Earth Science, Life Science, as well as process skills such as planning, collecting data, interpreting results, and safety, according to the Diocese of Raleigh Science Curriculum
- Integrate values and attitudes that guide students in evaluating science content in the light of Gospel teachings
- Effectively implement the grade-specific Diocese of Raleigh Science curriculum, while purposefully enhancing critical thinking skills by connecting the Science curriculum with other standards and objectives from the Diocese of Raleigh Math and Technology curricula.
- Organize and manage the school’s Science Lab, including storage and inventory of all materials
- Demonstrate mastery of the content, create cross-curricular connections, and design rigorous instructional plans that include higher order thinking skills, acquisition of deeper content knowledge, and common assessments created in collaboration with the middle school team
- Incorporate the seamless integration of technology and naturally infuse 21st Century skills in lessons that support the school’s instructional program and goals, which includes a Grade 6-8 1:1 Chromebook program.
- Develop and implement hands-on learning experiences and labs using research-based instruction and rigorous assessments to assess multiple levels of content and critical thinking skills
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement and high expectations for student learning
- Cultivate ongoing communication and positive relationships with parents, students, and colleagues
- Contribute to a positive Catholic school culture driven by continuous professional growth, improvement, and collegial collaboration
- Minimum level of Education Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Education or Science
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience 2 or more years of teaching experience
- Area of related work experience Teaching / Science Education
- Hold a current North Carolina Teaching License for Gr. 7-12 Science, or an equivalent out-of-state license
St. Michael Catholic School is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable, and engaging middle school science teacher. St. Michael provides a Christ-centered Catholic education, with a focus on academic excellence, and the development of the whole person, through our core values of reverence, service, and leadership.
Position Start Date: as soon as possible