St. Michael the Archangel Catholic School
Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Integrate Gospel values and attitudes that guide students in their acquisition of English Language Arts concepts, historical themes, and influential cultures of the past and present.
- Effectively implement a grade-level appropriate English Language Arts curriculum, while purposefully enhancing critical thinking skills and providing learners the opportunity to explore Diocese of Raleigh English Language Arts standards and objectives.
- Demonstrate mastery of subject-area content, create cross-curricular connections, and design rigorous instructional plans that include higher order thinking skills and opportunities for learners to evaluate and apply knowledge to diverse situations.
- Incorporate the seamless integration of technology and naturally infuse 21st Century skills in lessons that support the school’s instructional program and goals.
- Develop and implement hands-on learning experiences using research-based instruction and rigorous assessments to assess multiple levels of content and skills, including the use of student data to inform instruction.
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement and high expectations for student learning.
- Cultivate ongoing communication and positive relationships with parents, students, and colleagues, including ongoing collaboration with the middle school team.
- Contribute to a positive Catholic school culture driven by continuous professional growth, improvement, and collegial collaboration, all in the light of Gospel teachings.
- Minimum level of Education Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Education or English
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience 2 or more years of teaching experience
- Area of related work experience Education/Teaching
- Hold a current North Carolina Teaching License for Gr. 7-12 English Language Arts, or an equivalent out-of-state license