St. Michael the Archangel Catholic School
Hours per week: 40 - Full time, temporary (approximately 12 weeks).
Key responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Integrate values and attitudes that guide students in evaluating math content in the light of Gospel teachings.
- Effectively implement the grade-specific Diocese of Raleigh Math curriculum, while purposefully enhancing critical thinking skills by connecting the Math curriculum with other standards and objectives from the Diocese of Raleigh Science and Technology curricula.
- Demonstrate mastery of the content, create cross-curricular connections, and design rigorous instructional plans that include higher order thinking skills, acquisition of deeper content knowledge, and common assessments created in collaboration with the middle school math team.
- Incorporate the seamless integration of technology and naturally infuse 21st Century skills in lessons that support the school’s instructional program and goals, which includes a Grade 6-8 1:1 technology initiative.
- Develop and implement hands-on learning experiences using research-based instruction and rigorous assessments to assess multiple levels of content and skills.
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement and high expectations for student learning
- Cultivate ongoing communication and positive relationships with parents, students, and colleagues.
- Contribute to a positive Catholic school culture driven by continuous professional growth, improvement, and collegial collaboration.
- Minimum level of Education Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Education ideally with a focus or concentration in Mathematics – or an advanced degree in Mathematics.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience: 3 or more years of teaching experience preferred
- Successful completion of background check.
- Completion of Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Hold a current North Carolina Teaching License, or an equivalent out-of-state license.
Position Start Date: 11/1/2021