St. Michael the Archangel Catholic School
Hours per week: 15 (2:30 - 5:30 PM Monday - Friday)
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Ensure the welfare and safety of children and respond accordingly.
- Plan and supervise fun activities such as arts and crafts, or movement skills such as sports, music or dance.
- Serve snacks and be sure the kids clean up after eating.
- Provide support for students to ensure they get their homework done if required.
- Supervise and pay close attention to children within a playground setting.
- Be aware of any behavioral or emotional issues that may need to be addressed.
- Assist program director in logistics regarding closing and organizing for the end of day.
- Sincerely enjoy working with kids from PreK through middle school.
- Integrate values and attitudes that support school wide core values of reverence, service, and leadership.
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability and high expectations for student academic achievement, behavioral, and social-emotional development.
- Fulfill extra duties as assigned by the program director.
- Develop and maintain positive communication and relationships with students and colleagues.
- Contribute to a positive Catholic school culture.
- Minimum level of Education: The ideal candidate will hold an Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Child Development, Elementary Education, or related field.
- Years of related work experience: 3 or more years of relevant experience in Education/Teaching.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Completion of Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
Position Start Date: 08/17/2021