St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- The duties include supervising the Director of Religious Education, directing the Evangelical Catholic’s Reach More program (small group facilitation training), directing the RCIA program, developing and implementing a robust and comprehensive curriculum for ongoing adult faith formation—including parish-wide and smaller events/missions—, and forming and coordinating catechists and other parishioner-led programs for adult faith formation.
- The Direct of the OEC will form part of the Pastor’s Leadership Team (PLT), an advisory board.
- Inspire and direct evangelization efforts in the community (the initial sharing of the Good News).
- Develop, implement, and direct a robust catechesis program, leading adult parishioners to deepen their knowledge of God and his revelation, encouraging them to live out their Baptismal call in the world.
- Accompany (shepherd) missionary disciples in their personal work of evangelization.
- Ensure the OEC’s (programs, staff, and volunteer) alignment with the teachings of the Catholic Church and St. Michael’s Mission.
- Collaborate with the Hispanic Faith Formation team to coordinate cross-cultural experiences among the adult communities.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Master’s degree
- Minimum amount of Work Experience: Four years
- Years of related work experience: Four years
- Area of related work experience: Parish ministry experience, with experience in a directive role.
- A practicing Catholic in good standing who is passionate about living and transmitting the Faith in its integrity.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in theology or related field.
- Minimum of four years of parish ministry experience, with experience in a directive role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with and relate to a diversity of personalities and ages typical of a parish setting.
- Proven competence in one-on-one mentoring and/or spiritual direction.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proficient in MS Office (The Director will receive basic administrative support by the OEC’s administrative assistant).
Supervises: Director of Religious Education
Position Start Date: Immediately