Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Establishing a tone that enables the spiritual growth of students, faculty, and the entire school community;
- Working collaboratively with the Pastor, the School Advisory Board, faculty, and parents to foster a learning environment deeply rooted in the Church’s teaching on Catholic identity, where Christ’s principles guide every dimension of the school’s life and activity;
- Assessing and overseeing the school’s academic programs and faculty effectiveness;
- Communicating effectively with students, families and the community;
- Representing the school in the parish community and greater community; and,
- Overseeing non-academic matters including, but not limited to, enrollment management, planning, budgets, development, and marketing.
- Minimum level of Education: Master’s degree in Education Administration and Supervision or related field
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: 5 years
- Area of related work experience: teaching and/or administrative experience
- Will be committed to fostering and maintaining a Catholic environment that is an authentic expression of Catholic faith, with the goal of producing faithful graduates where everything done in and through the school expresses love for and obedience to Jesus Christ and His Body, the Church;
- Will have a working knowledge of the Church’s teachings regarding Catholic identity and the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools; and,
- Will possess a demonstrated commitment to academic excellence, with an emphasis on innovative learning skills, teaching methods, and curricula.
- All teaching and advisory faculty (Jr. K through 8th grade)
- School administrative staff
Saint Mary’s Catholic School is a JK-8th grade National Blue Ribbon and Middle Years International Baccalaureate Programme school in Richmond, Virginia. Founded in 1967, we are a vibrant Christian community rooted in the rich Catholic tradition of education and committed to the development of the whole child. We are seeking a principal to lead our community of high-quality educators, dedicated staff, and invested families.
Position Start Date: July 1, 2019