St Mary Magdalene Church
Hours Per Week: 20-29 (Part-time)
The Coordinator for Parish Music Ministry under the direct supervision of the Pastor and in accordance with established policies and procedures and Church liturgical documents, assists in providing musical accompaniment for parish liturgies. Coordinates choir (singers and musicians) for all Masses, Special events, holy days, and other activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary point of coordination for music ministry for the Church.
- Coordinates choir members' attendance, including scheduling and distribution of necessary music and documents.
- Works collaboratively with youth music ministry leaders for Youth Masses and retreats, special events.
- Grows the music ministry program through outreach to interested candidates, provides rehearsals and supervision, and ensures proper attendance at all parish functions.
- Works with parish staff to ensure that musicians follow all parish and diocesan policies.
- Formulates and adheres to an annual music ministry budget.
- Responsible for the maintenance of, proper use of and storage/replacement of sound and other items for music ministry owned by the parish.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instrumentalist to include piano/keyboard.
- Copying and distribution of musical documents to choir.
- Continue to develop musical skills and liturgical knowledge by attending workshops and conferences on sacred liturgy and sacred music.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 1-3 years' minimum work experience.
- Master's Degree.
- Prior music ministry leadership experience in a Catholic parish.
- Spanish language not required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to loud noise occasionally.
- Must have mobility to leave work area approximately 33% of the time.
Level of Supervision:
- Supervisor sets overall objectives and resources available. Collaborate on deadlines, projects, and work to be done.