St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School in Apex, North Carolina is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated and qualified principal to lead a growing school academically and spiritually and to serve its approximately 621 students. At St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School “We pray. We learn. We care.” This is an attitude that permeates every aspect of our students' daily experiences. Since 1999, our dynamic school community has made our campus a warm, engaging, and safe place to learn.
Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Be an active, fully initiated, practicing Catholic dedicated to collaborative ministry and the advancement of the vision of the Church as promoted by the Second Vatican Council.
- Be dedicated to nurturing Catholic Identity and the spiritual growth of our students and faculty.
- Be a mission-driven leader with strong integrity, sound judgment, excellent collaborative skills, and possess a commitment to academic quality, curriculum and staff development, and accreditation.
- Ability to oversee facilities management in order to maintain a safe and attractive learning environment.
- Demonstrate successful experience in the areas of public relations and development, as well as budgetary and financial management skills.
- Exhibit exceptional verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in technology, ability to develop strategic and long-range planning, and be able to motivate others toward task accomplishment.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Educational Administration/Leadership with a minimum of 3-5 years teaching experience. Experience as a Catholic School Principal or Assistant Principal preferred.
- Possess or be eligible to be licensed as an administrator by the N.C. Department of Public Instruction.
- Successfully complete all necessary criminal background and reference checks.
- Complete Diocese-sponsored Safe-Environment Training prior to first day on campus.
- Master's Degree
- Current NC Administrators License
- Preschool certificate
Position Start Date: July 1, 2023