Hours per week: 30 hours, flexible based on work load
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
The bookkeeper of St. Mary Magdalene Parish is a professional who assists in support of the pastor and Finance Committee. This position is a steward of the financial and personnel resources of the parish and enables the other ministries to function effectively. The parish bookkeeper is a person of faith, committed to strong financial policy compliance and assists the parish in fulfilling its mission and purpose.
Performs and supervises day-to-day accounting duties including financial statement preparation.
- Prepares, administers and reviews budget process, in compliance with diocesan policy and in collaboration with pastor and Finance Committee
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures in accordance with industry and diocese standards
- Collaborates with the Finance Committee to produce reports, submissions and chart of accounts to ensure all funds processed promote the life and mission of the parish
- Participates in the development and implementation of parish personnel policies in collaboration with the pastor and the diocese
- Processes time and leave records and administers salary and benefits program
- Coordinates with Columbarium Committee on the financial reporting and records for the operation of the columbarium
- Maintains good working relationships with the parish community, other parish staff, diocesan personnel, and other groups and authorities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business management
- Minimum of five years of related work experience in a professional business setting encompassing a majority of the major areas of responsibility listed above
- Proficiency in MS Office products
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, Peachtree, or other accounting software
Position Start Date: April 2019