Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
UPPER ELEMENTARY ”The Rock” (5-6 grade) AND MIDDLE SCHOOL “The EDGE” (7 and 8th grade) YOUTH FAITH FORMATION
- Manages our successful ongoing program of the Rock and the Edge youth ministry.
- Plan and implement a weekly EDGE (7th & 8th) night with focus on spiritual, social and catechetical development of middle school youth. Develop curriculum and strategies for involvement as well as execution of Middle School Ministry.
- Plan and implement a weekly ROCK (5th & 6th) night with focus on spiritual, social and catechetical family faith formation. Develop curriculum and strategies for a successful journey of discipleship of both parents and children.
- Maintain paperwork for both ROCK and EDGE databases.
- Evangelize and maintain regular contact with parents of middle school youth.
- Assure that all required Level C Safe Environment Training of adult volunteers is conducted (in collaboration with Safe Environment Coordinator) for those participating in middle school ministry.
- Evangelize and disciple adult core team volunteers.
- Promote and arrange social opportunities through age-appropriate activities for middle school.
- Promote and arrange a catechetical lesson plan through age-appropriate curriculum for middle school youth.
- Maintain accounting and budget for Middle School Youth Programs (EDGE & ROCK).
- Create and manage weekly EDGE & ROCK youth ministry newsletter. Maintain additional communication with middle school youth and parents through email, website and social media platforms (FB and Instagram).
- Design and implement middle school portion of Youth Ministry web page as part of overall parish website.
- Plan and execute the yearly middle school retreat for the parish.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere in the Youth Room and maintain organization in offices and storage areas for MS youth gatherings.
- Oversee all aspects of RCIC, including but not limited to:
- Provide an enriching sacramental experience for the children/teens (grades 5-12) of STMM parish preparing to be received into the Catholic Church by the reception of the sacraments in accordance with the General Catechetical Directory, National Catechetical Directory, The 1983 Code of Canon Law, diocesan and parish guidelines.
- Participate with Core Volunteer in Retreat and other learning activities.
- Serve as the main point person for youth mass. Oversees all aspects of Mass. Works in collaboration with the volunteer Mass coordinator.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor Preferred.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience 3 +
- Area of related work experience: 2-4+
- Must satisfactorily complete criminal and background checks.
- Must complete Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Training in Religion, Education, Communication.
- Direct employment experience in Catholic Youth Ministry.
Position Start Date: 12/1/2022