Hours Per Week: 20 (Part-time)
St. Mark Catholic School is looking to hire a dynamic, organized and passionate member to join our team as the Parent Liaison. The Parent Liaison will be responsible for the stewardship and positive volunteer engagement and experience at St. Mark Catholic School. The job of Parent/School/Community Liaison was established for the purpose/s of providing a means for clear communication between school staff, parents and community. This position conveys information regarding school activities and procedures and provides information on services available to eligible students and parents.
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Acts as a resource for non-English speaking families for the purpose of providing information and listening to concerns. Assists parents with the completion of school documents (e.g. registration packets) for the purpose of facilitating the exchange of accurate information between school and home.
- Facilitate the recruitment and retention of students.
- Communicates in person and on the phone with parents for the purpose of exchanging information.
- Communicates with teachers and parents regarding student’s school work for the purpose of promoting academic progress.
- Facilitates communication between home and school regarding school events, academic progress, spiritual growth, sacrament preparation, etc.
- Support communications effort through development of content for social media, website, photos, and other projects as needed.
- Assist in the marketing and communications for admissions team as well as recruitment and scheduling and other administrative support of volunteers as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking), Catholic in good standing.
- Knowledge and use of all social media outlets.
- Satisfactory completion of criminal and background checks.
- Must complete Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Ability to manage and maintain sensitive and confidential school, student and parent information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detailed oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Position Start Date: 07/05/2022
Posting Expiry Date: 08/15/2022 or until filled.
St. Mark Catholic School is a PreK – 8th coeducational school with approximately 500 students.