Hours per week: 37.5-40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- MS Social Studies Teacher
- Teach religion to 8th grade students
- Record attendance, grades, etc. in school data base
- Minimum level of Education: NC Teacher Certification in Middle Grades or High School Social Studies or Language Arts
- Demonstrated ability to teach various grade levels within the licensure area and possessing a passion for and competency in the content
- Candidate should have their basic catechist certification or be willing to work towards obtaining certification
- Practicing Catholics who have prior teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and teach clear and engaging lessons that follow the rigorous standards of the NC Standard Course of Study and willingness to incorporate the standards of the Diocese of Raleigh.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a differentiated instructional environment that incorporates a wide range of instructional strategies, including cooperative and project based learning, independent and small group activities with hands-on learning experiences.
- Willingness to contribute to a positive, Catholic school culture and participate in school activities beyond the classroom
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and professional learning to support the students and mission of St. Mark Catholic School
St. Mark Catholic School is a PreK – 8th coeducational school with approximately 500 students. Employment is contingent upon applicant passing a full background check.
Position Start Date: 08/15/2019