Hours Per Week: 20-29 (Part-time). Office hours will be flexible, but preferred 2:00pm-4:30pm on game days to meet with school administration, prepare for home games, assist with carpool for away games, greet visiting teams and families, greet game officials, and ensure a smooth start to each competition.
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Work in partnership with school administration to further the school’s mission through a robust and active athletic program, providing a Christ-centered Catholic experience, focusing on excellence, and the development of the whole person.
- Effectively recruit high quality coaches, with input from school administration, that fulfill the mission in how they manage their teams, players, and families; as well as ensure that all coaches are SET certified as required by the Diocese of Raleigh.
- Maintain financial records and comply with the allocated budget for the athletic program, in partnership with school administration.
- Adhere to the by-laws of the local athletic conference and the North Carolina High School Athletic Association.
- Ensure that all required physicals, forms, and paperwork for student athletes are up-to-date and current.
- Manage inventory of athletic equipment, including all gear and uniforms necessary for each individual sport.
- Collaborate with school administration and parish business office for the up-keep of athletic facilities.
- Secure vendors for game officials and off campus facilities when needed.
- Develop professional relationships with coaches through pre-and post-season meetings.
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability for student success and high expectations for student learning, through the belief that students are still learning through athletics, and coaches are educators.
- Cultivate ongoing communication and positive relationships with parents, student athletes, and colleagues, including ongoing collaboration with the local schools and conference commissioner.
- Attend all local Athletic Director meetings, schedule games including non-conference games, and communicate with schools promptly and clearly when changes need to be made.
- Contribute to a positive Catholic school culture driven by continuous professional growth, improvement, and collegial collaboration, all in the light of Gospel teachings.
- Facilitate service and leadership opportunities for student athletes in alignment with the St. Mark vision - "Children of today... Christian leaders of tomorrow."
- Organize annual Athletic Banquet and collaborate with school staff on other special events.
- Minimum level of Education: Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience: 2 or more years of teaching/coaching experience.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing a criminal background and reference checks.
- Candidate must complete Safe Environment Training within 60 days of start date.
- Experience working in a Catholic school.
- Experience managing an athletic program.
Position Start Date: ASAP
St. Mark Catholic School is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable, and engaging Athletic Director. St. Mark Catholic School is committed to educating the whole child academically, spiritually, and physically. St. Mark Catholic School strives for academic excellence by instilling in each student Christian values, confidence, and a desire to be effective leaders of tomorrow.