Hours per week: 37.5
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Ideal candidates should be skilled in the use of research-based best practices in order to effectively engage all 3rd grade students in a challenging and rigorous learning environment where student academic growth and achievement is maximized.
- Performance of professional responsibilities not limited to planning lessons, preparing instructional material, taking attendance, signing in and out daily, serving on staff committees, conferring with parents, maintaining positive relationships
- Teach religion to 3rd grade students
- Completion of requirements for obtaining/maintaining a current license with the Diocese and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
- Certified by the state of NC in Elementary Education or certified in another state and able to transfer certifications
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience : 2-3+
- Area of related work experience: Elementary classroom teacher
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks
- Completing Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire
- Understand the content, create cross-curricular connections, and design
instructional plans that include higher order thinking skills and acquisition of
deeper content knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to provide a differentiated instructional environment that incorporates a wide range of instructional strategies, including cooperative and project based learning, independent and small group activities with hands-on learning experiences.
- Incorporate the seamless integration of technology and naturally infuse 21st
- Century skills in lessons that support the school's instructional program and goals
- Willingness to contribute to a positive, Catholic school culture and participate in school activities beyond the classroom
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and professional learning to support the students and mission of St. Mark Catholic School
St. Mark is a Catholic School committed to educating the whole child academically, spiritually, and physically. St. Mark Catholic School strives for academic excellence by instilling in each student Christian values, confidence, and a desire to be effective leaders of tomorrow.
Position Start Date: 08/2021