St Julia Catholic Church
Siler City, NC
Hours Per Week: 10-12 (Part-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Accompany congregation and choirs on piano/organ (acoustic guitar accompaniment also acceptable).
- Attend and accompany at rehearsals.
- Occasionally assist director.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Available for Saturday 5 pm and Sunday 10 am services and attend two rehearsals during the week.
- Minimum level of Education: Negotiable.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Candidates should be well versed in accompanying a congregation and a choir on both organ and piano OR acoustic guitar.
- Must be able to fluently read accompaniment music (keyboard and/or vocal music).
- Must have the willingness and flexibility to learn/understand order of liturgical settings.
- Ability to attend and play for special services (Christmas, Easter, Funerals etc…).
- Some singing abilities and/or ability to instruct singers if needed.
- Must have some past experience playing for liturgical services or other religious services.
Position Start Date: Immediate