St. Francis of Assisi
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the high school ministry program and curriculum including small group-based formation events, retreats, and service learning opportunities.
- Coordinates, implements, and leads Mission: Mercy camp each summer utilizing key stakeholders in publicity.
- Recruits and trains the High School Youth Ministry Core Team (adult volunteers) in planning and executing ministry sessions, fellowship events, retreats, and service opportunities.
- Develops a systematic and intentional plan for adolescent catechesis and evangelization that utilizes a creative variety of formats, settings, and timeframes.
- Cultivates, trains, and forms effective student leadership for the Peer Ministry Program.
- Creates and implements Young Adult Ministry in collaboration with the Parish Directors.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Active, fully initiated, practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Dedicated to collaborative ministry and the advancement of a vision of the Church as promoted by the Second Vatican Council.
- Strong relational, communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Basic/Advanced catechist certification (or willing to complete within 2 years).
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s degree in theology or related field.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience:
- Area of related work experience:
- 1-3 years of demonstrated leadership experience with young adult ministry, youth ministry, and/or religious education.
- Experience in educational setting and/or parish setting.
- Experience in motivating and mobilizing volunteers.
- Experience in basic data management, project planning, and time management.
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively with others in a vibrant and active parish.
- Ability to interpret ministry budgets.