Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Practicing Catholic with a strong commitment and creative passion to evangelize and form young children and their parents in the Catholic faith
- Excellent communication, time management, and organization skills.
- Design and implement formation and sacramental programs.
- Select and provide catechetical materials for distribution via multiple platforms.
- Recruit, train and nurture volunteer catechists.
- Develop opportunities to deepen faith via retreats and Vacation Bible School.
- Collaborate with a Faith Formation team of five and a pastoral staff of 30. Comfortable using a small groups model of formation and effective in engaging families both in on-site and virtual platforms.
- Position requires presence during formation programs for children and their parents which includes weekends and some evenings.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years’ experience in one of the following areas: education, theology, or ministry. Candidates without academic credentials in theology or ministry need to be certified catechists.
- Knowledge and experience with the Catechumenate adapted for children of catechetical age is an added advantage.
- Positive attitude and love to work with children.
- Successful completion of Diocesan background check.
- Completion of Safe Environment training within 60 days of hire.
- Pastoral experience in administering programs for children, to include sacramental preparation.
St. Francis of Assisi, an award winning and nationally recognized community of nearly 5000 households with a pastoral staff of 30. Visit our website at: stfrancisraleigh.org
Position Start Date: immediately