St. Francis of Assisi Parish
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Develops and implements creative programs to promote stewardship as a way of life through the spiritual awakening of parishioners and skillful connection between a relationship with the Lord and the use of spiritual gifts and material resources in response to this relationship.
- Coordinates new parishioner welcome events, communicating with new and current parishioners to actively engage in ministry by discerning their gifts of faith, discipleship, and service to instill a sense of belonging, involvement, and community.
- Assesses and tracks parishioner involvement in ministries via Realm, weaving a thread of engagement and involvement throughout all ministry areas.
- Coordinates opportunities for current parishioners to discern their gifts through creative and engaging activities such as ministry fairs, Called and Gifted program, etc.
- Plans and implements major events for fundraising including The Bishops Annual Appeal, annual Offertory Pledge Appeal, benefits, and capital campaigns as needed. Recruits, forms and directs volunteers in these efforts.
- Coordinates and cultivates donor relationships through communication and events, to include a system for evaluating the effectiveness of these development efforts (such as donor retention and return on investment).
- Develops and maintains a planned giving program for the parish, including education of parishioners in areas of wills, estate planning, etc.
- Leads Stewardship committee engaging them in the vision of engagement and development as a way of life.
- Serves as liaison for the Diocese of Raleigh and participates in a national stewardship organization events.
- Develops and adheres to ministry budget and goals.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree in pastoral ministry, theology, psychology, social work or a related field.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: 2 years of successful fundraising.
- Area of related work experience: pastoral ministry, theology, psychology, social work or a related field.
- Familiar with USCCB Stewardship ministry vision and documents.
- Active, fully initiated, practicing Catholic who is comfortable speaking about a personal relationship with the Lord and is dedicated to collaborative ministry and the advancement of the vision of the Church as promoted by the Second Vatican Council.
- A spirit of evangelization and sharing the good news of the Gospel is an important characteristic for success in this role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a skilled listener, comfortable in a variety of settings dealing with diverse groups (parishioners, staff, outside groups).
- Master’s Degree in pastoral ministry, theology, psychology, social work or a related field.
Supervises: 1 non-exempt employee