St. Francis of Assisi Parish
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- The Coordinator of Liturgy and Sacraments collaborates with the Director of Liturgy and Music in effecting the liturgical life of the parish through a post-conciliar lens and recruits, forms, manages, and evaluates volunteers and structures in service to all parish liturgies and the Christian life.
- Present at most weekend liturgies each week, including major liturgical rituals.
- Develops and implements liturgical formation programs and recruiting, training, and scheduling liturgical ministers.
- Leads and participates in the preparation, coordination, and execution of major/special liturgies.
- Oversees the formation process for the Sacrament of Matrimony including:
- Coordination of the process for requests, planning, and directing of weddings, including scheduling of wedding directors; and
- Direction of marriage preparation of couples.
- Oversees the formation process for the Sacrament of Infant Baptism.
- Engages and recruits youth in all liturgical roles for weekend liturgies in a proactive manner.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Theology, Religious Studies or Pastoral Ministry, or related field; coursework in liturgy and/or a minimum of 2 years coordinating parish liturgical life.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: 2
- Area of related work experience: theology, religious studies, pastoral ministry, or a related field.
- Must be a Catholic in good standing.
- Knowledge of Roman Catholic liturgical principles in accordance with Sacrosanctum Concilium and post-conciliar documents.
- Vision and passion for Roman Catholic liturgy with a commitment to full, active, and conscious participation.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Position Start Date: immediately