St Catherine of Siena
Wake Forest, NC
Hours Per Week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Perform routine maintenance duties, including painting, minor electrical repairs, plumbing, carpentry, and heating and ventilating maintenance.
- Perform inspections of facilities for cleanliness and sanitation and supervise janitorial staff to correct deficiencies.
- Respond to emergency calls for maintenance and repairs.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- Complete administrative duties such as filling out forms and reporting maintenance statuses to the Campus Engineer.
- Keep inventory of maintenance supplies and equipment and report needs to the Campus Engineer.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations.
- Work with and maintain relationships with contracted vendors.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire
- Minimum level of Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum amount of Work Experience: 2+ years
- Experience in building engineering/facilities management/property management a plus.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, mechanical systems (including relevant equipment and tools) a plus.
- Flexibility, with the ability to prioritize tasks and goals.
- Ability to work independently.
- Be a practicing Catholic.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, and other manuals and documents.
- Ability to work in a team and follow instructions from supervisors.
- Ability to pass a background check (due to proximity to children).
- Possessing the physical strength and physical agility/ability to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours.
Position Start Date: 10/25/2021