St. Catherine of Siena
Wake Forest, NC
Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Collaborates with clergy, staff, ministry leaders, volunteers, and musicians to plan and execute parish music.
- Administers a multifaceted music program including planning, budgeting, scheduling, and timely communication with other liturgical ministers.
- Develops specific choirs or ensembles and Cantors for Weekend liturgies.
- Selects music for liturgical celebrations, with the pastor’s approval.
- Participates in and directs the liturgical music for the weekend English masses and some Bilingual masses.
- Supports and collaborates with the Spanish Choir for special occasions.
- Maintains choir library and liturgical/musical resources as needed.
- Meets with the bride and groom regarding wedding music. Provides music for weddings.
- Provides music for funerals.
- Approves non-parish musicians.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Minimum level of Education: Advanced degree in Music.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience: Three years of experience in a pastoral setting.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Completion of Safe Environment training within 60 days of hire.
- Must be proficient on both organ and piano.
- Must be a skilled choral director, including the ability to direct from the bench.
- Must be able to compose or arrange parts for various solo instruments, including transposing music.
- An understanding of GIRM and the rubrics of the Roman Missal.
- Active member, in good standing, of the Roman Catholic Church.