Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
The Communication Specialist is charged with creating and implementing a comprehensive communication plan for the parish and school of St. Catherine of Siena. They will research and consistently evaluate new means of communication to ensure that St. Catherine of Siena is communicating effectively and fruitfully with members and the wider community. The Communication Specialist will also create and maintain (in case of emergency) a “Communication Binder” with a hard copy of the parish communication plan and all pertinent information including: account information, passwords and directions regarding parish and school communications.
- Distribute parish-wide communications as directed by the Pastor and prepare publications for electronic distribution.
- Oversee, monitor and update the parish and school websites as needed and maintain Search Engine Optimization
- Maintain and coordinate parish facilities on Google Calendar. Develop and maintain calendar that identifies the time, date, name of organization as well as the room scheduled to use.
- Manage and evaluate all social media accounts for the parish and school including: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Coordinate and develop major event advertising for school and parish functions to include open houses, virtual tours, school gala, press releases etc.
- Build SCS School Brand initiatives and attend major Church and School events to record, take pictures to put on social media or stream real time.
- Maintain relevant and accessible information on the electronic bulletin board found in the Narthex. (This includes the creation of images to be displayed.)
- Advises parish apostolates on communications which pertain to the wider parish community.
- Bachelors Degree in Business-Communications marketing or journalism
- Two years of work experience, working with social media and/or advertising
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong Computer and Social Media Skills
- Strategic and creative mindset
- Prior experience in a parish setting preferred
- Solid Grasp of the Catholic Faith
- Understanding of Functioning of a Parish and School