St Catherine of Siena Church
Wake Forest, NC
Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Provides leadership, in collaboration with the Pastor, in the design and implementation of programs for adults, youth and children to assist in building a solid foundation for adult spirituality, Christian living and ministry.
- Supports parents and families in their role as primary educators in the faith and works to empower parishioners to respond more fully to their baptismal call.
- Oversees the recruitment, formation, support and evaluation of catechists and support staff with appropriate consultation.
- Direct the RCIA process and provide Confirmation preparation for Adult Catholics.
- Responsible for the compliance of all areas of safe child for parish and school. Maintain the records for all trained and background records for all.
- Prepare, review, and manage annual budgets for areas of responsibility. (Formation of Children, Adult Education and Hispanic Formation)
- Maintain professional standards through participation in educational opportunities and endeavors to develop their personal faith life and spiritual growth.
- Provide training of catechists so they assimilate the basic principles of pedagogy and human growth and development and be able to apply it to their particular target group. Provide opportunities to facilitate personal faith growth among catechists.
- Minimum level of Education Bachelors degree in Religious Education /Theology
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing a criminal background and reference checks
- Completing Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire
- Masters Degree in Religious Education/Theology
- An active and faithful Roman Catholic in good standing who possesses a comprehensive knowledge of the Catholic faith.
- Respectful of diversity and able to minister with and to people with compassion, sensitivity, empathy, and justice.
- Positive vision and outlook.
- Able to empower, affirm and motivate.
- Proficient in computer skills
- Religious Education Administrative Assistant
Position Start Date: 06/01/2021